Bilingual Multimedia Reporter and Producer with strong abilities such as writing, editing, and reporting to create compelling stories. Uses technology and digital platforms to report accurately and effectively.
White House Correspondent, Voice of America Spanish Service, Washington DC. 02/2018-current
- Multimedia reporter with a focus on foreign policy and issues of interest to a Latino-international audience.
- Coverage includes reporting live from the White House, US Capitol, State Department, OAS, UN Headquarters, IMF, and the World Bank.
- Covering national political events such as presidential debates, conventions, campaign rallies, midterm, and general elections, for which it has been accredited (2016 to current).
- Produced and conducted high-profile interviews with US officials, members of Congress, and foreign leaders.
- Reported on US-Mexico relations, including reporting from border regions in Texas and California. Coverage also focused on US foreign policy toward Latin American countries such as Venezuela, Nicaragua, and the Northern Triangle of Central America.
- Extensive experience reporting live for 100+ television and radio stations in Latin America and the United States.
- Development, creation, shoot, and edition of TV packages, digital stories, and series for TV, web, and social media.
TV Producer/ Reporter, EVTV Miami, Miami, Florida. 06/2015-02/2018
- Produced live and recorded television programs and newscasts. In charge of managing booking and line production for live broadcasts of more than 12 hours of duration.
- In charge of the general production of more than a dozen special live broadcasts, such as the Democratic National Convention (2016), the inauguration of President Donald Trump (2017), and several OAS’s General Assemblies.
- Video editing for TV and digital platforms (YouTube and other social media). Wrote, produced, and edited multimedia promos.
- Special Correspondent in several national policy events in Washington D.C. Coverages included one-on-one interviews in the White House and Capitol Hill.
- News Anchor.
Multimedia Reporter/ Efecto Cocuyo (.com), Caracas, Venezuela. 01/2015-09/2017
- Produced multimedia stories using video, infographics, audio, hyperlinks, timelines, etc.
- Produced in-depth stories with profuse use of sources and database creation.
Reporter/ La Prensa de Anzoátegui, Caracas, Venezuela. 02/2014-09/2014
- Pitched, researched, and reported in-depth stories related to crime in Venezuela.
- Established an investigative unit and published investigative stories about crime in Venezuela.
- Bachelor of Mass Media Communications and Journalism. Universidad Central de Venezuela, 2015.
- Languages: Spanish (Native, Advanced Proficiency), English (Advanced Proficiency).
- Neutral accent and teleprompter presentation.
- Social Media 2.0. Miami.
- Management of communications during emergencies and disasters.
- Journalism in Times of Crisis.
- Passionate about video production and editing.
- Political coverages, live broadcasts and field production.
- Data journalism
- Explanatory journalism
- Multiplatform transmissions.
- TV & Radio production.
Projects and Entrepreneurship
- Hagocheck.com, is a website created and designed by Jorge Agobian that offers tools to combat misinformation and disinformation online.
- Xplica2, is a series of explanatory videos produced, edited and presented by Jorge Agobian on Instagram.
- Infozaraza, is the first website of Jorge’s hometown in Venezuela, created when he was 13 years old.